[mythtv-users] Mythmusic folder view

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 10 01:24:23 UTC 2012

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 10:30:05 -0000, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 08/12/12 22:59, Roger Siddons wrote:
>>
>> Playing selected tracks is a bit strange - Play doesn't work but 'Next
>> Track' starts it going . I suspect a small bug.
>> Playing everything else is simple: 'Replace Tracks' to play immediately
>> or 'Add Tracks' to play it after your current album/playlist/etc.
>>

> I'm curious In what way doesn't Play work? Seems to work fine here! Are
> you saying when you press Play and you have tracks in the play queue it
> doesn't toggle Play/Pause? On which view? Which widget has the focus?
> Does it work while playing back video/recordings?  Maybe I'm
> misunderstanding what you want Play to do.
>
> Paul H.

Sorry to have rattled the cage!

I don't think it's a key-binding issue as I can replicate with the menus.

To clarify my experience in both Tree & Gallery views (0.26/fixes);

- selecting an album/playlist/All Track/ etc: "Replace All" loads the
current playlist and starts playing first track. Pause/Play works fine -
perfectly intuitive IMO.

- selecting a track: track checkbox is ticked, track goes into (empty)
current playlist but doesn't play. Selecting Play via menu does nothing.
Selecting Next Track via menu starts playing the track. Thereafter
Pause/Play works fine.

- or, select several tracks (checkboxes ticked/ they go into empty
playlist), switch to Current Playlist view - there are no track status
icons (playing, paused, stopped) anywhere in the list. Up/Down/Left/Right
works normally switching widgets between inactive/selected inactive but
Menu/Play does nothing. Upon selecting the track (OK, Enter) a track goes
'selected active' and starts playing. Thereafter Pause/Play work fine.
Stop playing, switch view to editor and back again. The widgets appear the
same but a 'Stopped' track status is shown this time on one track. Play
works normally now.

This all concurs with the first paragraph of 10710.

My gut feeling was that putting a single track into an empty playlist
doesn't initialise the playlist properly so any attempt to Play fails.
However I play albums almost exclusively so I've never bothered to look at
the code, follow previous discussions or even analyse its behaviour in
detail until now.

FWIW I think you did a grand job on the rework. Many thanks from me.

My main irritation is the cluttered menus but I know that's a (reasonable)
Myth restriction.

Interesting to see your private repo. I haven't had time to look through
it. Is there an overview/summary of it's purpose and how it deviates from
the official ? I've sometimes wondered why there are no off-shoot
areas/repos for those who wish to extend/customise beyond the official
constraints.