[mythtv-users] Mythtv reports my HD-PVR has an error

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:29:31 UTC 2012

I have noticed that my MythTv box has not been doing any recordings for the
last week or so.  When I checked the system status from the frontend it
reports that the tuner has an error.  Looking into it under dev I still see
the video0 block device (was what the tuner is setup as), the kernel
modules for it are still loaded according to "lsmod" command, and I don't
see any errors in dmesg or any other system logs.  In case it was just a
mistake in MythTV I went ahead and removed and recreated the tuner under
Mythtv-Setup, even with that it still reports it has an error.  To rule out
a issue with the device itself I ran the following:

cat /dev/video0 > test.ts

the output of it plays just fine under VLC.  I don't know where else to
look in order to resolve this.  I think this all started when I rebooted
the machine for a Kernel update, but I don't know what would cause it to
not work for MythTv.