[mythtv-users] Mythmusic folder view

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Dec 9 15:14:09 UTC 2012

On 09/12/12 14:54, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> 2012/12/9 Scott Harris <scott.harris0509 at gmail.com>:
>> Paul, it's the same "glitch" that has been brought up since the beginning of
>> the "revamp" with 0.25.  There is no intuitive or even remotely straight
>> forward way to find a track and play it.  From ANY view other than the
>> "current playlist", if you navigate beyond a "container" (i.e. Artist,
>> Album) to the track level, there is no option to "add and play" (perhaps
>> this is a theme issue?  though I have yet to find it available with any
>> theme) and "Player Options -> Play" plays the currently selected item in the
>> "current playlist".....which, depending on your theme, you can't see.
>> However, if you select the track, it gets added to the bottom of the
>> "current playlist" and then "Player Options -> Next Track" MAY play it if
>> it's the next item in the "current playlist"....which again, depending on
>> your theme, you can't see.
>>
>> At the very minimum, there needs to be an option at the TRACK level to "Add
>> and play", which is only available from the "Search For Music View" and (at
>> least for me) crashes MythFrontend.
>>
>> The fact that there is no real, simple way to find a track via simple
>> navigation isn't news, it has been brought up a million times.  You just
>> keep telling all of us "works fine for me" and we're crazy.
> I am agree with you, this very difficult to us to play our music
> collection on a intuitive (folder view) way. Of course, the new
> MythMusic developers did a great work with the plugin.
>
> Is it possible to use the old (0.24) plugin on the 0.26 core? Or could
> someone know how to use a easy folder view plugin or 3rd party
> software on our Myth boxes?
It would be possible but not very practical to get the 0.24 plugin
working because all the code for the old ui has been removed. It would
be easier to just use the new ui and adapt the new MythMusic to do what
you want. Most if not all of the logic is already there it just needs
someone to put the pieces together.

> I don't need any search or playlist option, I just want to navigate on
> my music collection and play a folder (album) or a single song.

There is a patch in trac that I've promised a few people I would have a
look at that may help you. http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10710.
> Thanks for your comments on this item.
>
> Regards.
>
> --