[mythtv-users] Mythmusic folder view

Scott Harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:23:07 UTC 2012

>>Playing selected tracks is a bit strange - Play doesn't work but
>>'Next Track' starts it going . I suspect a small bug.
>>Playing everything else is simple: 'Replace Tracks' to play
>>immediately or 'Add Tracks' to play it after your current
>>album/playlist/etc.
>>

>I'm curious In what way doesn't Play work? Seems to work fine here!
>Are you saying when you press Play and you have tracks in the play
>queue it doesn't toggle Play/Pause? On which view? Which widget has
>the focus? Does it work while playing back video/recordings? Maybe I'm
>misunderstanding what you want Play to do.
>
>Paul H.
Paul, it's the same "glitch" that has been brought up since the
beginning of the "revamp" with 0.25.  There is no intuitive or even
remotely straight forward way to find a track and play it.  From ANY
view other than the "current playlist", if you navigate beyond a
"container" (i.e. Artist, Album) to the track level, there is no option
to "add and play" (perhaps this is a theme issue?  though I have yet to
find it available with any theme) and "Player Options -> Play" plays
the currently selected item in the "current playlist".....which,
depending on your theme, you can't see.  However, if you select the
track, it gets added to the bottom of the "current playlist" and then
"Player Options -> Next Track" MAY play it if it's the next item in the
"current playlist"....which again, depending on your theme, you can't
see.

At the very minimum, there needs to be an option at the TRACK level to
"Add and play", which is only available from the "Search For Music
View" and (at least for me) crashes MythFrontend.

The fact that there is no real, simple way to find a track via simple
navigation isn't news, it has been brought up a million times.  You
just keep telling all of us "works fine for me" and we're crazy.