[mythtv-users] Mythmusic folder view

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 8 22:59:43 UTC 2012

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 17:33:35 -0000, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here is a 0.24 screenshot: http://oi49.tinypic.com/wqzplw.jpg
> And here 0.26: http://oi45.tinypic.com/szzey0.jpg
>
> I look for the squeezebox, but I never install this, I will appreciate
> any help or your experience with large music collection navigation. It
> will be great to have a plugin to navigate in folder view, as the
> 0.24.

As Scott said, the folder/directory patch is in 0.26/fixes at least. From
your screenshot, if you exit up one level, you should see a "Directory"
icon next to Genres, Compilations, Playlists etc.

That Gallery view looks good if you've got album art; the "Playlist Editor
- Tree" view is the much improved version of the 0.24 interface and is
better for navigating, particularly if you've got metadata set up.

Playing selected tracks is a bit strange - Play doesn't work but 'Next
Track' starts it going . I suspect a small bug.
Playing everything else is simple: 'Replace Tracks' to play immediately or
'Add Tracks' to play it after your current album/playlist/etc.

IMHO it does a complex job very well whilst working within the constraints
of the Myth UI.