[mythtv-users] Mythexport choosing wrong audio stream

John reidjr at lineone.net
Fri Dec 7 09:36:30 UTC 2012

On 03/12/12 17:21, Stephen Robertson wrote:

> It seems that for some recordings the resultant video from mythexport
> has the "wrong" audio track.  In my case I get an audio description
> track.  I think this may be the first audio track and the normal audio
> is on the second.  Is there a way tell mythexport which stream to use.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

The Audio descriptive tracks in th eUK have been causing me problems
too. Its a slightly diffrent problem, but I have been looking at
lossless_cut which uses mkvmerge. mkvmerge will by default copy all
streams, but it flags the Audio_Description on UK channels as default.

So mythtv playback of the original selects AC3, but the remuxed/ cut
program has the Audio_description flagged as Default, which
mythtv_playback , and I guess other players,  will abide by. You then
have to manually choose AC3 during playback. There is a command line
option to "not set a default audio track" and then players will choose
AC3 by their own rules.

If you are exporting all audio tracks, are you havening the same type of
problem ?