[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend won't start

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:22:40 UTC 2012

All of a sudden my remote mythfrontend won't start. I'm using
MythCenter-Wide theme and I get the blue background but no menus and it's
just hanging.

>> I see this from the command line output:

>> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 3924, errno = 32

>  It's the same backend and frontend as yesterday when it all worked find.
>> I haven't applied any updates in the meantime. I'm on Mythbuntu 12.04. Any
>> ideas why it's just started to hang like this?
>>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/dev/404986#**404986<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/404986#404986>
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike. I've deleted that directory. Thing is, though, that thread
seemed to be abuot mythfilldatabase which shouldn't apply in my case as
this is a frontend-only machine. I'll see how it goes.