[mythtv-users] Programming remote button bindings (WAS: What major features are planned for 0.27?)

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:33:52 UTC 2012

> One last point, which I'm surprised no-one else has raised: the Info
> and Menu functions. None of the remotes I've ever considered buying
> have ever had both these buttons. I'd love for these functions to be
> merged; aside from the pause issue, this is my biggest remote problem
> because no-one (except me) in our house can remember where the menu
> button is mapped. And even I can't always remember which button I need
> to press in various places to get the options I need.
>
> David

Menu and Info seem to be among two of the most common buttons on
remotes for STBs.  Menu/Home/Youview/Sky brings up a menu to make
choices sometimes context sensitive and info brings up information
usually without expecting a choice from the user.  Certainly during
playback they are very distinct operations in my mind, maybe slightly
less so in other contexts but I think still applicable.

Cheers
Stephen