Al Heynneman heynnema at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 4 16:41:08 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 08:16 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 19
> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 21:52:19 -0500
> From: Chris Hett<littleman_1111 at hotmail.com>
> To:<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Input conflicts for live and recording tv
>

> Excellent. Thanks,
> -Chris
>
>> >Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:40:20 +1100
>> >From:michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
>> >To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> >Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Input conflicts for live and recording tv

>> >MythTV-setup -> Input Connections -> Tuner Device -> [Second Page]
>> >(Schedule Order, Live TV Order)
>> >
>> >Make the Schedule Order for your devices like this:
>> >
>> >                  Schedule Order     Live TV Order
>> >Tuner1               1                             3
>> >Tuner2               2                             2
>> >Tuner3               3                             1

The problem with this is a conflict for tuner2 when two or more things
are going on.

With three tuners, maybe a better order would be:

                    Schedule Order     Live TV Order
  Tuner1               3                             2
  Tuner2               2                             1
  Tuner3               1                             3

This forces scheduled recordings to start at tuner3, and live tv to
alternately choose tuner1 and tuner2. This way, two channels could be
viewed live while a recording was taking place, or three channels could
be viewed live.

--
Al Heynneman
heynnema at spamcop.net