[mythtv-users] Mythweb patches

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Dec 2 22:36:52 UTC 2012

2012/12/2 Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>:
> Mythweb in 0.25 does not work on Ubuntu 12.10
> There is a set of patches here: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10504 that fix the problem, or at least make Mythweb
> functional, (they need to be manually tweaked for ubuntu since the files are in different locations), but every update to 0.25
> re-breaks mythweb.
>
> Is there a reason these patches have not been implemented in 0.25?

I don't know PHP well enough to tell if these changes can have any
negative impact on 0.25-fixes systems running with older versions of
PHP.

Nevertheless, 0.26 is the current stable/"supported" version of MythTV
and the fix is already in there. With the lack of active developers,
it makes the most sense if a developer focus his time on fixing issues
in current and future versions of MythTV, rather than fixing issues in
older versions, which in general doesn't receive updates anymore. I
agree that cherrypicking doesn't necessarily require much time, but if
it ends up breaking some systems running on the old -fixes branch, it
would have been better not to backport the fix at all. Again, I'm not
talking about this specific fix, as I'm not in a position to judge if
it would be a controversial backport to 0.25-fixes.

Best regards
Kenni