[mythtv-users] how long will myth record shows an hour late?

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches at jacob21819.net
Sun Dec 2 19:05:28 UTC 2012

Ever since the change back from DST back to standard time, Myth
has been recording scheduled shows an hour late.  After seeing
(most of) the discussion about how Myth uses UTC internally for
scheduling, I would have thought the situation would fix itself
after a couple of weeks.  Fortunately, I have a manual recording
of the same time-slot, and that is working fine.  This is on a
system that runs 24x7 and has 70 days of uptime.  The shows in
question are OTA from a local station.  The system is 0.24.1 on
Mageia 1.  (Yes, I'm moving to Mageia 2 as quickly as possible.)

Will Myth eventually run out of DST-based program guide info
and start/resume recording the shows at the right time?

If not, what must be done to shock Myth into figuring out what
time it really is?  Is it sufficient to restart mythbackend?
Or, is there additional remedial action needed--just because of
a change from DST back to standard time?

Thanks,

Robert