[mythtv-users] MythTV on Win 7 conflicts with ip tunnel software

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 18:49:20 UTC 2012

On 02/12/12 18:16, Orange Pants wrote:

> After all there are pros and cons to building MythTV vs getting a lifetime
> TIVO with a media streamer/player as alternative.
> With mythtv I will spend countless hours building drivers, upgrading,
> troubleshooting which in itself could be a lot of fun if you have the time.
> But you can't beat the simplicity of a push button that TIVO and media
> players offer.

That will only happen if you choose to stick to Windows, or to use some unusual
combination of hardware and Linux or other software.

If you have a spare box, and many do by now or can find a used box cheaply, try
a fresh install of Mythbuntu on it. I believe you will find the experience
pleasantly stress-free. You will end up with a system that is far superior to TiVo.

No-one forces you to use the same computer for all your needs. Sometimes
splitting the activities you do can bring real benefits.

--

Mike Perkins