[mythtv-users] Consequences of drive failure

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 1 21:29:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:23:43 -0000, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> My question is, how does the system react when you take half the
> recordings away? They are all still present in the database, but is
> there any indication that they are or are not available for watching?

I often unmount my media drives for various reasons - Myth isn't bothered
at all. The backend log will get busy reporting all the inconsistencies
but it will sort itself out when the files re-appear (provided you don't
delete any recording whilst its file is absent).

As for indications, it depends on your theme. Mine (Retro) greys out
recordings for which it can't find the file. The MythCentre one does as
well, although I have noticed Blue Abstract doesn't. If it's not obvious
to you, try changing to MythCentre until you get your new disks up.