[mythtv-users] FW: Looking for sample video grabber scripts

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Fri Aug 31 08:40:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

This info was absolutely fantastic !

I did read most of that page, but thought it was about the specs of the
metadata files. A note with the "Video Library" pages would have helped but
knowing about the .mxml files is fantastic !

I have spent more time on this and are moving forward but are trying to tidy
and simplify things.

My current question is this. I put a .mxml file alongside my video file down
in a directory tree in my Videos storage group. I can see by the logs in the
DB that it finds the .mxml file but then for some reason it tries to look in
the root of the "default" storage group for a file with the same name. So I
see the following entries in the DB logs:

First
Matching MXML file found. Parsing
myth://Videos@192.168.202.23:6543/TVSeries/Movies/1004_20110924182700.mxml
for metadata...

Then a bit later
FileRingBuf(/storage/mythtv/sata1/default/1004_20110924182700.mxml):
OpenFile(): Could not open.

And again a bit later still
Corrupt or invalid MXML file.
Matching MXML file found. Parsing
myth://Videos@192.168.202.23:6543/TVSeries/Movies/1004_20110924182700.mxml
for metadata...

Followed again a bit later by
FileRingBuf(/storage/mythtv/sata1/default/1004_20110924182700.mxml):
OpenFile(): Could not open.

And later again
FileRingBuf(/storage/mythtv/sata1/default/1004_20110924182700.mxml):
OpenFile(): Could not open.

And again
FileRingBuf(/storage/mythtv/sata1/default/1004_20110924182700.mxml):
OpenFile(): Could not open.

Finally
Corrupt or invalid MXML file.
Returning Metadata Results:  0 0

If I copy the .mxml file to
"/storage/mythtv/sata1/default/1004_20110924182700.mxml" it works, so I am
assuming the format of the .mxml file is correct.

Am I missing something in the .mxml file ?

Thanks again

BTW:

/storage/mythtv/sata1/default = "Default" storage group
/storage/mythtv/sata2/videos = "Videos" storage group