[mythtv-users] Terratec H7 DVB-C/DVB-T with CI and used by mythtv

Roger Mårtensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:06:18 UTC 2012

Kenni Lund skrev 2012-08-28 00:09:
> 2012/8/26 Roger Mårtensson <roger.martensson at gmail.com>:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I bought the Terratec H7 USB device for use in MythTV. Mostly because it has
>> CAM slot. And I noticed a driver for it was posted on the linux-media list.
>> Not long after the driver got included it also got support for CI.
>>
>> Currently it is found in the media_build tree. Not sure if it is released in
>> any release of Linux yet.
>>
>> I'm happy to inform you it is working like a charm in my DVB-C network and
>> with full CI support. Both in SD and HD. Haven't tried the DVB-T part but
>> since it is the same driver I would guess it should work.
>
> Hi Roger
>
> It would be nice if you could add the tuner to the Linux TV wiki to
> share your findings. USB-based DVB-C/T tuners with CI which works
> under Linux are NOT very common, so when we have a tuner that actually
> works, it's worth documenting IMHO :) I added the TechnoTrend CT-3650
> CI to the wiki last year and if the Terratec H7 works now, that means
> we actually have two DVB-C/T USB tuners with CI to choose between...

Oh yes.. A linux tuner with CI that works is a rare thing to have.
I got myself one PCI-card which uses the budget-av driver but the output
from that card is not watchable. :(

> As far as I can tell, the H7 doesn't even exist on linuxtv.org, so a
> product page for the tuner will have to be created as well as links to
> the page from the DVB-C USB and DVB-T USB pages.

The driver is really new. Not sure it's even entered a official kernel
yet. But then there are many cards and devices that's not found on the
wiki.

> Eg. something like:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_CT-3650_CI
>
> And links from the respective lists of supported devices:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-C_USB_Devices
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices
>
> I'll be happy to help out with the wiki pages next week, if you can
> provide some details about your setup.

I'm not that familiar with the wiki at linuxtv.org so I would need some
help and handholdning. If you help me with that I can help with
information to put on the page.

Just drop me an private e-mail whenever you have time to help.