[mythtv-users] Any desktop apps that take advantage of HLS yet?

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Aug 30 15:58:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> We have externalized the Myth Services api as a stand alone Jar file as a
> part of MythTV for Android if you are interested.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV-Android/MythTV-Service-API
>
> It is still under development, but HLS is functional.
>
> Dan
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > That's a pretty sweet idea - I'll have to set up an Ubuntu desktop at
>> > home
>> > to try it out. Any plans on something similar for Mac or Windows?

>> I won't be doing anything for Mac/Windows as I don't use either.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
>

> --
> My Google Profile

I've already got basic functionality (listing and playback) working in
the scope, but for HLS I'll need a way to configure the different
options that HLS offers. I appreciate the work you've done on the
MythTV Android app, it's turning out great, but I don't want to have a
dependency on Java if it's not necessary (specifically since all other
parts of it are Python). I'll probably expand the Python library I
created for this if wagnerrp hasn't completed a library to use the API
already.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos