[mythtv-users] Any desktop apps that take advantage of HLS yet?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:45:34 UTC 2012

I finally upgraded my home to 0.25 on Ubuntu 12.04 last night. I have been
messing around with some of the new features, and the mobile apps that take
advantage of HTTP Live Streaming, like Torc for iOS. It's a pretty awesome
feature.

I was curious if any desktop apps were using the HLS features in 0.25 yet.
Some searching on XBMC, Plex etc so far hasn't turned up much of a result.
I'm at work and it would be really nice to watch transcoded shows from
home. I had been using Plex plus MythicalLibrarian but would love to find a
way to switch over to HLS and Myth's new metadata features.