[mythtv-users] Suggestions for simplest way to achieve my recording goals.

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:36:02 UTC 2012

I've been checking through the system and mail archives, but can't find
anything to cover my specific requirement, perhaps I'm not searching for
the right thing, or just not recognizing it when I see it.

I basically want to record a specific channel for twenty four hours but
at a low priority so that if there's any "real", programmes they takes
precedence.

I tried a manual recording rule, but it didn't kick in at all because
there were other programmes being recorded on the tuner with higher
priorities (at least I'm guessing that's why), and instead of recording
before and after the  conflicting programme, it just didn't record
anything at all.

The channel I'm recording is off my one and only satellite tuner, so
that's why I want to give way to any "real" programmes when they are
scheduled.

Is there any easy way to do this, or is it just a case of selecting the
all programmes individually and setting each one with a low priority?

I'm sure someone's already worked this out by now what with things like
the Olympics, World Cup etc.

Cheers
Gordon