[mythtv-users] Netbook as low-power combined back-end / front-end?

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 28 16:42:11 UTC 2012

On August 28, 2012, Tyler T wrote:
> Note, this is with 0.23. Someone mentioned that 0.25 requires more CPU
> on the BE but I have no hard numbers. I want to upgrade to 0.25 but as
> usual, personal life interferes with geek projects! Maybe someone else
> here has run 0.25 on ARM and can report.

I'm also running my MBE on ARM, and I'm also waiting for somebody else to try
0.25 with it.  I haven't dared yet.

My MBE is a QNAP TS219P NAS box.  It's basically a sheevaplug with 3 USB
ports, 2 SATA bays and 2 eSATA ports.  I need one computer on all the time to
run my mail server, print server, file servers, and several other functions.
I like it to draw as little power as possible.

If you take the plunge and try 0.25 on your sheevaplug, please let me know how
it works.  I'm just a little scared.  My WAF has been comfortably high for
quite a while.

Mark