[mythtv-users] Logging question

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:07:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> On 08/28/2012 04:35 AM, Stefan D wrote:
>
>> A few days ago i installed mythbuntu 12.04. With that i got a working
>> syslog for mythtv that i hadn't bothered to fix in my old installation.
>> It worked nice and the logs was filling up with information.
>> But since i need a few patches and changes to myth i compile from
>> source. So i compiled and installed from my old source directory, did a
>> git pull first, and installed. But now it seems that the syslog logging
>> has stopped. So i wonder if i should have compiled with some extra
>> options? Or how could i try to find the problem?
>>
>> /Stefan

>>  Follow this and It should get your logging going again...
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Simple_rsyslog_Configuration<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Simple_rsyslog_Configuration>

Hmm, that didn't work except the logfiles that i had now is empty. Not that
it matters, but it didn't start. It was working directly after i installed
mythbuntu 12.04 and the only thing i can think of that made it stop is that
i compiled from source like i always used to do. So i guess the environment
was set up correctly by mythbuntu?

Don't know what else could have changed?

/Stefan