[mythtv-users] HTTP Live Streaming over SSH

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 17:27:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>wrote:

> On 27.08.2012 14:27, Chris Lewis wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get HLS working over SSH for when I am away from home
>> travelling.
>>

> Why not simply connect back home via VPN? Most home routers can act as
> VPN access point. (using PPTP and the like)
>
> If you got down that route you get access to all your UPNP devices, etc.
>
> Regards,
> Karl

Karl,

Can you give me some high-level instructions on setting this up.  Also, a
recommended client for Android. I will put together a wiki page on it and
put it with the other wiki I wrote on the ssh tunnel.

You mentioned that UPNP works, I assume ZeroConf can also be recognized
over the VPN?  I am using ZeroConf in Mythtv-for-Android for discovery.
 Would be great to be able to do that once are user is connected over vpn.
 Could almost do away with the home and away location profiles in the app
if this works.

Thanks,
Dan

--