[mythtv-users] Volume is reduced during commercials

rsh1k roland.sh1000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:01:57 UTC 2012

> mythtv-users at lists wrote:
>
> >  Monkey Pet wrote:
> > I am watching TV and during the commercials, the volume gets lowered
> > about 50%. My sound is configured for AC3 passthru. However, then I
> > quit LiveTV and re-enter it, the volume level is restored. Using
> > 0.25/fixes. Is myth doing anything to incorrectly manage volume levels?
>
> Usually people complain when the volume is higher during a commercial.
> If Myth really does something to the volume I would take it as a feature
> rather than a bug...

Being 100% serious, I would LOVE to have a feature where the volume is
halved during commercials!

On the channels I watch, the commercial detection isn't 100%
reliable...  so I don't have MythTV set to auto-skip.  Instead, I have
it notify, and then I manually skip with the remote.   But in the mean
time, there are HUGE volume swings because the commercials are so
loud.

If the volume could be dropped automatically by a pre-set amount
during the detected commercials, this would be a fantastic feature!

(Is there a formal way to suggest or request features like this?)

Thanks
- rsh1k