[mythtv-users] HTTP Live Streaming over SSH

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Aug 27 15:25:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-27, at 10:10 AM, Chris Lewis wrote:
> I have the SSH working fine, what I wanted to know is what ports on the backend do I have to forward over SSH to get both HLS and MythWeb working.
>
> Is that just 80 and 6544?

I have done remote HLS via ssh with those two ports plus 6543 and it worked fine but I have a mini client that sometimes sends myth protocol commands. Without the myth protocol involved you'll be OK with just 80 and 6544. Like Daniel I had to remap 80 to a non-privileged port but the main point is there aren't any other surprise ports needed.

When you get it working I would be curious what outgoing bandwidth you have and what resolution/bitrate you chose.

- George