[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup can't see dvb cards

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Aug 27 11:06:56 UTC 2012

Yesterday I upgraded from 0.24.3 to 0.25.2 on my main box running Fedora
16.  I have a laptop on which 0.25.2 has been running quite well under
SL6 and I thought the time was ripe.

At first all seemed to go quite well although MythArchive, which I use a
lot, didn't seem to be picking up the right configuration options from
the database.

Recordings were being made and could be watched, but I thought I ought
to rescan.  Now I have a myth-dead box.

Mythtvsetup can't see any of my dvb-t tuners.  On reflection this seemed
familiar, and I got back to this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/521667#521667

When I started that thread the problem seemed to be caused by a kernel
upgrade and reverting was easy.  It last worked with kernel 3.3.7-1.
Now I have 3.4.7-1 and a full reversion would be difficult.  I haven't
yet tried to use the workaround that Geoff Newbury gave at the end of
the thread above, nor have I had any comeback from the redhat bugzilla
post that I made then.  Maybe I can do a DB restore from just after the
0.24 > 0.25 upgrade, but it isn't clear that that would work.

The basic message here is perhaps the one I posted recently on the
ATrpms list and then ignored:  /If it ain't broke don't fix it./

John P