[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Mon Aug 27 06:50:55 UTC 2012

(So, I think Live TV should continue to exist in its current form. I

just don't think any user should ever actually use it--nor should they

want to, once they learn how much better life can be without Live TV.
:)

Mike
mythtv-users
mailing
list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Has
anyone tried to draw up a flowchart on this? I seems very "easy" to
comment on something that system wise is rather complex.

Even fewer
have actually described what they do upon turning on the tv. I.e. one
person wrote - I only "channel surf" using the Program Guide and another
suggested visually informing the user that a tuner is occupied recording
a show...

It could be cool if the user could navigate to an ongoing
recording via the Program Guide and thereby making sure that a user
watches Recording raher than watching LiveTV.

I find (using .24+fixes)
that LiveTV works ok. It is only a matter of bugs and users being
frustrated because they cannot change channel do to an ongoing
recording. And this frustration is basically due to the lack of
information. I believe the above would help a lot.

Cheers

Mik