[mythtv-users] LIRC PVR250 and 10.4 -> 12.4 upgrade

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:36:55 UTC 2012

I have been struggling with this for four hours now and cannot get my head
wrapped around how lirc and devinput coexist now.  I have previously set up
a frontend with an mceusb remote (a bit of a struggle, but I did have
success) on 12.04.  This is my backend/frontend combination.  I use a
Harmony H659 remote emulating the Hauppauge grey remote. I use the IR
receiver on a PVR250 (with digital TV, that's its only purpose now).  Is
there a way to get the signals to pass from devinput driver to lirc?

I can see the keypresses with ir-keytable and I can map the keys with an
rc-keymap file, but I cannot seem to find the right configuration for
lirc's hardware.conf file.  If I set the REMOTE_DEVICE=/dev/input/event11,
the keypresses seem to get swallowed (i.e. the arrow keys no longer work in
the frontend), but I never get anything out of irw. This is what I
currently have for hardware.conf:

REMOTE="Hauppauge TV card"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev"
REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/event11"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

It seems that everything that I find with Google deals with USB IR
receivers.

-- Ken E.