[mythtv-users] Help on solving segfault on mythfrontend start.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:32:22 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 02:54 PM, Bert Haverkamp wrote:
 > Instead I used gdb
> (gdb) info symbol  0x00007f03f67ee0b7
> pthread_join + 39 in section .text of /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
> (gdb)
> But this doesn't tell me where in mythfrontend the problem arises. Or is it
> a problem in libpthread?

Hi;

The above confirms what Mike mentioned in his last follow-up in this thread.
gdb is waiting for a command. Like: thread apply all bt full

(The (gdb) prompt wasn't in your 1st post - I <assumed> you'd just cut off the
rest. Not sure if I'd have caught it.)

When you see that output, you'll see why using a tool like vi to search for
the address above is helpful. Again, using an editor is just a suggestion,
not a requirement.

Here's a link to a proper backtrace. Note Line 23 is similar to what you
posted. Line 129 is the actual backtrace:

   http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/10867/gdb-mythshutdown-11542.txt

You may, or may not see information that gives you a clue where the problem is.
That's why I mentioned searching Trac for similar ticket and opening one if none
is found.

--
Bill