[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 24 16:55:33 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 12:38 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> This would offer the best of both worlds.  I really like the idea that
> if my wife or kids open live tv and tune to a show that is being
> recorded, they won't occupy the tuner indefinitely AND they get the
> ability to rewind to the beginning of the show.  Additionally, it
> would make sense if they are watching a channel and a scheduled
> recording starts on that channel.

But if we notify them with an option to exit Live TV and take them to
the already-recorded episode, then they make the decision whether to
continue channel surfing or whether to free up the tuner and watch the
recording, and they and MythTV both know exactly what they want to do,
and no one is ever surprised by the results.

Mike