[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Aug 24 15:47:37 UTC 2012

On 24/08/2012 11:50, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> In MythTV, Live TV has an implied contract that the Live TV viewer is
> the "owner" of the tuner.  If you were channel surfing and stumbled
> across a channel on which a scheduled recording is occurring and MythTV
> noticed and instead started playing back the scheduled recording, it
> would presumably "release" the tuner you were using for Live TV.  And,
> unlucky you, your wife just happened to start Live TV--and claim that
> just-released tuner--right before you hit channel up, again.  Now you've
> lost your tuner, so what to do?

That would be ok, wouldn't it (I'm thinking after reading several of the
follow up posts). Finding yourself restricted to watching what is
currently recording or what your wife is watching on the other front
end when all virtual tuners are in use, wouldn't be any more surprising
than finding yourself restricted to certain multiplexes when all your
real tuners are in use, but a virtual one is free.

Paul.