[mythtv-users] GT520/610 - whats the final word

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Aug 24 06:06:12 UTC 2012

I know these cards are identical... that's not the question.

I have seen a couple of discussions about them being too slow for Advanced
2x deinterlacing of 1080i content, even the the VDPAU page in the wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU ) says it won't work... well it says "SD
only, maybe HD at PAL frame-rates"... yet at the bottom of the page are two
user reports showing that it works fine with 1080i content, are we to
assume they are using PAL content (I'm NTSC)?

This post (
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2432758&postcount=370) shows
that the VDPAU testing tool pulled 67 fields at 1920x1080 in the "MIXER
TEMPORAL_SPATIAL" test... which suggests that it should handle Advanced
2x... just barely.

I have bought everything for my system except the GPU... I can spend about
double for a fanless GT 430... but I don't want to if I don't have to.

If you KNOW for certain that it will or will not work, please respond.

Thanks!