[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Aug 23 20:22:38 UTC 2012

> However, what this commercial PVR got right, which Myth doesn't, is that
> the content is the heart of the experience.  Not LiveTV, not recordings,
> but just TV.
>
> You could setup a recording and watch it live from the recordings list (as
> is the recommended method in Myth).  However, if you were channel surfing
> and stumbled across it (perhaps you'd forgotten it was on but fancied
> watching it there and then), you could wind back to the start of the show
> without going to the recordings list.  It just used the recording file when
> you reached this channel when surfing.

I wouldn't think that this would be too difficult to implement... just a
quick check to see if the channel is being recorded, might add a bit to
every channel change, but probably not much.  Would probably be nice if the
OSD let you know that you tuned to an in-progress recording so that you
knew you could back up to the beginning.

I'm sure there is a good reason it's not there though... if not I'd think
they would have implemented it.