[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 22 19:39:21 UTC 2012

On 08/09/2012 02:25 AM, blind Pete wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, Jim Morton wrote:
>

> [snip]
>
> > I don't know of any advantages to watching live tv.
>

> It is easier to explain to old people.

Doesn't that translate to, "Old people just don't get how to properly
use a DVR because they're stuck in their ways"?

I just don't get why /anyone/ would believe that watching some partial
airing of a show that they just stumbled upon by accident would be
better than being able to see the entire show.  Perhaps if it /is/ so
much better, someone should tell Apple to quit making entire shows
available through iTunes or Amazon through Amazon Instant or Netflix
through Netflix streaming.  Imagine how many "old" people they could
sign up if they instead just showed part of the show the user
wants--maybe putting a bunch of commercials in there, too, so the
viewers know when to go to the bathroom or get a snack...

Mike ("Older than his despising Live TV would imply") Dean