[mythtv-users] New Mac OS X Build Process--MacPorts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Aug 22 00:14:11 UTC 2012

At 1:04 AM +0200 8/22/12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On 21 August 2012 23:07, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>  In the frontend, go into Setup>Setup>Appearance and change the Paint Engine
>>  to Qt.  I suspect your menus will then work in mythtv-setup. However, you'll
>>  likely get a blank screen, maybe saying "Please Wait", if you try to watch
>>  videos with the Qt painter.  See http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10469
>
>Note that in 0.26, all those issues are gone, as the settings to
>change the paint engine. For mac, it's now fixed to what works (opengl
>for everything but the old menu and mythtv-setup)

Sorry, what is "the old menu"?

BTW, I also have a mythtv-core.26 port in progress.  Seems to build
OK but I don't have a machine to test on now.

Re .26, I noticed http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10890 about the
logserver on OS X.  How is the logserver supposed to work?  All Myth
programs talk to one instance of the logserver?  Each program (each
thread?) talks to its own instance of logserver?  Is it something
that should be started by launchd and just wait for a connection?

Craig