[mythtv-users] 0.26 recording rules - "not listed"

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Aug 21 15:07:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:54:25PM +1000, Adrian Saul wrote:
> On 19/08/2012 10:46 PM, Adrian Saul wrote:
> >
> >Picked up a slightly annoying bug with 0.26 tonight - my wife was
> >watching a show and decided to manually record the following
> >program in case this one ran overtime.  She went to the guide,
> >picked the next show and did a manual record.  Instantly the two
> >other shows in scheduled to be recorded tonight disappeared from
> >upcoming recordings.
> >
> >If I look at the upcoming recordings there is nothing there to say
> >they are in conflict or anything, there are plenty of free tuners
> >and it seemed happy to record it before.
> >If I pick the show in the guide it has nothing to say it wants to
> >record it.
> >If I do a manual record in on the show, it shows up in upcoming
> >recordings and the guide as "Not Listed" (WTF does that mean, yes
> >it is, its right there).
> >If I look at the recording rules it is there and I see nothing
> >that would prevent it recording, and preview changes shows it as
> >"this will be recorded" but it never appears in upcoming
> >recordings.
> >
> >Viewing via the frontend of mythweb seem to show nothing
> >different, and I can find no errors or messages in the logs
> >relating to this.
> >
> >Any ideas what is going on here?   The only work around seems to
> >be to switch to the show when it starts and hit record.
> >

> Actually I think this is related to the new timezone setup in 0.26 -
> if I look at the recording rule in the database, the last scheduled
> recording times etc are all local time, but the view in the frontend
> shows the last recorded at Aug 15 07:33AM when in fact it was Aug 14
> 09:33PM  (I am GMT+10, so it seems to think the times in the DB are
> GMT not AEST).
>
> Also the frontend seems to think the show is scheduled for 10AM-10AM
> in the rules overview.   The rule in the database has the startdate
> and enddate of today at 0:00, so +10 would make it be 10am.
>
> I am not sure this should really affect it, because it is a "record
> any time on this channel" rule, and nothing to do with timeslots
> etc.

It would not surpise me if there are some lingering UTC/timezone
related bugs.  Unfortunately, your descriptions leave way too much
room for interpretation on exactly what your are doing.  If you can
provide detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the
problem, I'd be happy to look into it.  Also, in your later email, you
said you weren't using EIT.  Could you please double check that.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net