[mythtv-users] Help on solving segfault on mythfrontend start.

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 19:34:24 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-20, at 3:21 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

> Interesting. How do you start the FE? Do you have ulimit -c unlimited in any startup
> script (or on the command line or in .bashrc etc.?)

Goodness, you're right. The startup sequence is xinit -> mythwelcome -> mythfrontend and the ulimit thing was in the BE startup. I updated .xinitrc to enable cores and restarted X but, of course, the FE started perfectly every try. I'm sure I'll have a nice core before long but right now it's being coy.

It's so embarrassing when you miss obvious things :(

- George