[mythtv-users] Help on solving segfault on mythfrontend start.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:02:44 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 01:28 PM, Bert Haverkamp wrote:
> I currently have a weird problem. After upgrading from 0.25.0 to 0.25.2,
> mythfrontend segfaults directly after startup.
> Any hint, or advice on how to track this problem is helpful at this point!

Hi;

Assuming you have a core file, look at: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Using_core_files

You'll probably want to read the whole page. ulimit -c unlimited is required, I prefer the
configuration changes under /etc/sysctl.d and if you're on mythbuntu, /etc/default/apport
needs to have enabled=0 for the suggested sysctl changes to work.

--
Bill