[mythtv-users] Anyone have experience in multiple (8+) speaker configurations

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 07:37:44 UTC 2012

I have a large kitchen / sitting area (8.6m x 6.7m) and I was hoping to
install ceiling mounted speakers an connect them back to the MythTV box
via an amplifier.

The one concern I have is the potential for echo, and other undesirable
sound effects from having more than 2 speakers spread around the area.

Does anyone on the list have experience of installations like this, and
specifically how to avoid any issues?

This isn't 5.1 stereo or anything like that, it's taking plain 2 channel
stereo and spreading them around the area so that the volume doesn't
need to be turned way up at one end of the room so that I can hear it at
the other end.

Cheers
Gordon