[mythtv-users] help moving recordings to video

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Sat Aug 18 19:30:38 UTC 2012

at 11:11:06AM -0400, Michael T. Dean (mtdean at thirdcontact.com) wrote:

>> On 08/17/2012 10:29 AM, mikkel wrote:
>>
>>> So, you support the
use of mythvidexport.py?
>> Yes. Very much so. Raymond Wagner did a
great job making that script, which is extremely useful.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, due to three limitations:

First, it crashes whenever there're non-ASCII letters in filena mes

(which is the case for maybe half of my recordings).
> Two, it loses
metadata (and retrieving metadata from the net
> afterwards doesn't work
for 90%+ of my recordings).
> Three, it loses commercial detection data
(and as far as I can tell,
> there's no way to redo that afterwards
either).

> If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix or overcome
those,
> I'd be very grateful.
> (I've already thought to study enough
Python and mythtv internals
> to fix the script myself, but I'm not sure
if I'll be able to
> manage that.)

well I got it working that is the
script, but I to get an ascii error on some of the recordings. I am from
Denmark so I guess it is the Danish letters that give the errors . all
the other features look to work.

it is however unfortunate that the
ascii error occurs. i hope there is a fix for this.

cheers for all the
input.

Mik