[mythtv-users] Cheap USB IR receivers on ebay

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:19:16 UTC 2012

> Has anyone tried some of the cheap ir receivers on ebay such as:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/271000300944*
>
> It says it's mce compatible but other receivers I have purchased in the
> past didn't work with lirc.  Was trying to find a few for less than 8-10$
> before I go buy the more expensive dell versions. I like these because they
> are so small and cheap.
>
> *

No experience with that one, but have two of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-Media-Center-Infrared-USB-Receiver-OVU412000-00-/220760296928?pt=US_Remote_Controls_Pointers&hash=item336656cde0

.....and they work a treat with my Harmony remote acting as an MCE remote.

Only problem I have is it doesn't seem to "turn on" when the box comes on,
just have to pull the USB cable and plug back in again and it's fine.  Sure
there is a way to fix, but not looked into it yet.

Cheers