[mythtv-users] Giada i35G FE

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Aug 16 15:44:55 UTC 2012

> I saw "Giada intros i35G mini PC with Intel's Cedar Trail, NVIDIA GT
> 610 graphics" at engadget yesterday.  Looks like a decent FE, or even
> a low power FE/BE.  Unless VDPAU sucks on the 610?  They say its
> coming for $274.  I guess, we'll see.

The GT610 is just a rebadged GT520, which has mixed reviews for use with
Mythtv.  May not handle Advanced 2x deinterlacing of all content.

I would probably place this minipc on par with most ION boxes.... not
enough CPU to handle HD content if the GPU won't do it, but a good GPU so
it's unlikely that you will see much, if any, content it won't handle.