[mythtv-users] Prime w/ CC + HDHR QAM adding channels

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Aug 16 14:36:47 UTC 2012

> > Have you looked at scte65scan ?
> >
> > It will scan using the HDHR.
>
> btw, to compile scte65scan with recent silicondust
> library sources, you will need to apply some patches
> to the scte65scan Makefile that I posted to the
> silicondust forums when someone else tried to build
> scte65scan and asked for assistance there.  The
> patches have been provided upstream, but I do not
> think they have gotten integrated yet.  Search the
> silicondust forum for scte65scan.

I have looked at it, and tried it in the past with mixed results.  While I
believe I could use it to some degree, again it seems more complicated than
I need.

Essentially, I could probably just use a bash script and the HDHR Config
program.. just start tuning channels and recording the physical channel and
multiplex of each unencrypted channel.  Then, perform DB queries against
the channel table to update the channel number and xmlid where the channel
and multiplex match.

Maybe I'll take some time this weekend to test my bash script-fu.