[mythtv-users] Airplay alternative?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Aug 15 19:01:39 UTC 2012

On 15.08.2012 19:04, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 14 August 2012 18:04, Staffan Pettersson
>
> For videos, there's no "push" solution like Apple TV that I know of.
> Most other solutions are "pull" only such as UPnP or DLNA. By pull I
> mean you control what you want to do on the device that is going to
> display the content..

IIUIC the UPNP control point can run on the same device with the
media server instead of the media renderer, too.
So if your Spotify App can act as media server and control point
you can in theory stream to every UPNP media renderer.
But I guess that there is no framework for that out in the wild ;)

Regards,
Karl