[mythtv-users] Mythweb in Debian Squeeze

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Aug 14 11:25:01 UTC 2012

On 14/08/12 11:58, Lasse Knudsen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have found some oddness, with the mythweb, media repository for Debian
> Squeeze.
>
> Most things work fine with the web interface, making manual recordings and
> such. But when i try to hide, delete channels, or change xmltvid, in the
> setup part, then the changes do not get saved. And my problem is that i
> dont see any error messages anywhere, the changes are just dropped. I see
> nothing interesting in any of the log files.
>

> Anyone that has seen this problem, i have not myself seen this behavior
> before, usually the interface works or not at all, not this wierd inbetween
> thing :)

There are limits to the number of fields/max buffer size/etc which can be
returned by any web page, defined in parts of the Apache config files. You're
probably falling foul of one of these. 'suhosin' which is (I think) a security
add-on to apache also has some limits on field numbers/buffer sizes/etc which
you might need to look out for.

--

Mike Perkins