[mythtv-users] A Plea to the Programmers

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Aug 14 05:09:13 UTC 2012

> I'm still pretty excited but, apparently these changes only apply to one
> version of MythTV on Ubuntu.
>
> According to the Tech Notes at:  http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_**
> build/analog/speech-solutions-**for-next-generation-media-**
> centers/technical-notes-on-**talking-myt<http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/analog/speech-solutions-for-next-generation-media-centers/technical-notes-on-talking-myt>
>
> "Talking MythTV was implemented by making changes to the Ubuntu 8.04
> MythTV 0.21 source tree."
> Is there someone who could look at the source and see how to get it to
> work with the current MythTV setup?
> I am using .25 (MythBuntu distro) and have spent many hours configuring
> and working on it to get it working just right on our hardware.  I would
> hate to start over with an older distro and end up having things break when
> updated.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Lee
>

> Lee Maisel wrote:
>
>> Check THIS out!!!!
>>
>> http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_**build/analog/speech-solutions-**
>> for-next-generation-media-**centers/talking-mythtv-**installation-in<http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/analog/speech-solutions-for-next-generation-media-centers/talking-mythtv-installation-in>
>>
>> After lots of searching I found this, and I will sure give it a try!!!!
>>
>> I'll let you know how it pans out.
>>
>> Lee

Might be worth a post in the dev mailing list... I'm not a programmer, but
I'd imagine that because most of the leg work is already done, you might
get a dev to take up the cause.  I personally think that would be an
AWESOME feature for mythtv... sure not many people would use it, but just
having it available would give mythtv a lot of very positive attention...
perhaps attracting more developers?