[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 11.10 on ESXi

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 03:20:34 UTC 2012

I've successfully completed my upgrade to 12.04.1 LTS MythBuntu.  I was a
little confused on the statis IP setup.  Apparently, /etc/resolv.conf is no
longer used.  You have to edit /etc/network/interfaces and include:

       dns-search domainname
        dns-nameservers IPofDNS_Server

Once I did that, I was able to download Steppes theme.  One thing that is
concerning to me is that MySQL is set to a master role on the backend, but
it is not starting on boot.  I had to start MySQL through MCC then manually
start mythtv-backend.  Once I did that, all was well.  I had this issue on
11.10 / 0.24.  I would have hoped it was fixed by now.  I have MythBuntu
Repos added too.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Jim