[mythtv-users] A Plea to the Programmers

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Tue Aug 14 02:12:51 UTC 2012

I'm still pretty excited but, apparently these changes only apply to one
version of MythTV on Ubuntu.

According to the Tech Notes at:
http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/analog/speech-solutions-for-next-generation-media-centers/technical-notes-on-talking-myt

"Talking MythTV was implemented by making changes to the Ubuntu 8.04
MythTV 0.21 source tree."
Is there someone who could look at the source and see how to get it to
work with the current MythTV setup?
I am using .25 (MythBuntu distro) and have spent many hours configuring
and working on it to get it working just right on our hardware.  I would
hate to start over with an older distro and end up having things break
when updated.

Thanks!!

Lee