[mythtv-users] HDHR fails

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Aug 11 19:40:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-11 1:46 PM, Monkey Pet wrote:
> I solved my random HDHR issues when I moved my 2 HD homeruns to its own dedicated network.  For some reason (very strange), it was causing lots of issues including: crashing my cable modem, stuttering while playing livetv on remote frontends, and some failed recordings.  When i isolated the HD homeruns to its own network which was connected to the backend, it solved all the issues.  Maybe it was luck with the fixes in 0.25/fixes coming at the same time?  I have no idea.  However, i did some issues that people reported with the HD homeruns and networking stuff awhile back also.
>
> My network consisted of unmanaged GigE switches.

Interesting.

I have  GigE switches as well -- and have just put the HDHR up and running so far with no noticeable hiccups on the net.

I also have ZoneMinder running which consistently consumes about 5-6Mb  of bandwidth into the backend (which is also the ZM machine).

When you say your put the HDHR's onto their own dedicated network, was that via VLAN's or through separate ethernet all the way into a separate NIC on the Backend?

Also, if I may ask, what brand/model were the switches and were they managed or unmanaged?

Cheers,

  -Ben