[mythtv-users] Scheduling recordings by name or by program id

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 11 19:24:52 UTC 2012

On 08/11/2012 01:40 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> I have been recording episodes of the Series "Dallas", which I had set
> by clicking it in the listing in mythweb and selecting to record any
> time any channel.
>
> Now I am surprised to find that a movie called "Dallas" in my upcoming
> recordings.
>
> I am under the impression that it should only select episodes based on
> the series id or program id, unless you explicitly select "Title Search".
>
> Record table has below settings, including the series id and episode id,
> which do not match the movie (which has Program ID: MV000007890000).
>
> Anybody know why it is doing this? I could set a custom recording rule
> which specifically uses a search on seriesid but I would think an
> automatic recording should be doing that.
>
> type    4
> title    Dallas
> subtitle    No Good Deed
> description    The Ewing family must make some decisions; a large oil
> company approaches Christopher; the Ewings fight to protect Southfork
> from outsiders.
> seriesid    EP01481224
> programid    EP014812240009

MythTV always uses title, unless you specifically use seriesid (which
you can do through filters).  It's better to record too much than not
enough--after all, why should MythTV assume you don't want the movie
based on the TV series that you're recording?  Or why should it assume
that just because you want to record the new Dallas series, you don't
want to record the old one?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169129#169129
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169259#169259