[mythtv-users] HLS -howto?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Aug 10 07:32:07 UTC 2012

* On Fri Aug 10, 2012 at 12:32:03PM +0530, Andrew McCauley wrote:
> Note:  you cannot fast forward or rewind, just play and pause.

You should be able to fast forward and rewind, I can do it fine
in JW Player on my system as well as on the iOS devices I test
with.

Also, one big point is to make sure that your backend was compiled
with "--enable-libx264 and --enable-libmp3lame" to support the
H.264 video and MP3 audio used in the HLS streams generated by
MythTV v0.25.  Without those, you'll never get anything transcoded.
Some packagers are already doing this for you, but if you build by
hand, you'll have to remember to do it yourself.

--
Chris