[mythtv-users] Showing recording dates in recordings list

BP lists at qucae.com
Fri Aug 10 03:56:10 UTC 2012

On 08/09/2012 08:29 PM, Joel Ebel wrote:
> After I updated to 0.25, my "Watch Recordings" lists only show the
> recording times for when a show was recorded, rather than the time and
> date like it used to show.  If I highlight a show, it shows both in
> the description, but the right-hand column is just times.  This isn't
> particularly useful, since most episodes of a show air at the same
> time.  Is there a place in settings where I can change what is
> displayed in that right hand column?  I'm using the mythbuntu theme,
> and it appears to be specific to that theme.  The mythcenter-wide
> theme shows the dates still.
>
> Thanks,
> Joel

I had the exact same annoyance.  You need to edit
~/.mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/recordings.xml .

Under <buttonlist name="recordings" from="basebuttonlist"> look for
<textarea name="starttime" from="shortdate"> .  I changed that to
<textarea name="startdate" from="basetextarea">.  I also tweaked the

Make sure to keep a copy.  If you ever update to an updated version of
the theme, it will get overwritten.

There are other options other than startdate.  That's just what got me
what I preferred.